What Was The Smallest Transforming Transformers
Although this line is more commonly known as the World’s Smallest Transformers Toy Line its proper name is the Smallest Transforming Transformers.
Released by Takara in 2003 this line consisted of 12 two inch figures from the more popular early G1 Transformers line. These figures had the look and transformability of their larger counterparts, but were closer in size to the Micro-masters.
These figures were released in waves of “blind packs” with 12 figures per case, these types of figures are very popular in Japan and are more commonly known as “trading figures”.
The Best + Biggest Action Figure Database in the World!!
- 60,000+ Action Figures
- Release Dates
- Video Library
- eBooks + Guides
Learn more (click)
There were also 'Master Cases' of 48 figures (4 sets of 12 cases) available and rare 'Chase figures' were included in these cases in much lower quantities than the regular figures from each wave.
Very few of these figures were made with a very limited production run and were sold in unmarked boxes, i.e. blind boxes.
These are the ONLY OFFICIAL Smallest Transforming Transformers toys although there have been many unofficial figures produced on a similar-scale, based on old Transformers toy, by fan-groups etc.
The ratio for each of the figures in these Master Cases were:
Wave 1: (2003)
- GTF 01A Convoy A (aka Optimus Prime truck cab) 8/48
- GTF 01B Convoy B (aka Optimus Prime trailer) 2/48
- GTF 02 Lambor (aka Sideswipe) 12/48
- GTF 03 Starscream 6/48
- GTF 04 Bumble (aka Bumblebee) 12/48
- GTF 05 Soundwave (with Jaguar aka Ravage) 6/48
- GTF X-1 Skywarp 1/48 (Chase)
- GTF X-2 Bumble Red Version (aka Cliffjumper) (Chase) 1/48
Wave 2: (2004)
- GTF 06 Convoy Anime Version (aka Optimus Prime truck cab with blue windows) 12/48
- GTF 07 Megatron 8/48
- GTF 08 Meister (aka Jazz) 2/48
- GTF 09 Prowl 6/48
- GTF 10 Alert (aka Red Alert) 6/48
- GTF 11 Thrust 12/48
- GTF X-3 Streak (aka Silverstreak) (Chase) 1/48
- GTF X-4 Convoy White Version (aka Ultra Magnus cab) (Chase) 1/48
Dengeki Hobby exclusive Smallest
VSX Convoy (variation of Anime colors)
VSX Megatron (aka Megaplex)
Wave 2.5: (2004)
- CSV Starscream (from Series 1) 12/48
- CSV Soundwave (from Series 1) 8/48
- CSV Megatron (from Series 2) 12/48
- CSV Convoy Anime Version (from Series 2) 6/48
- CSV Meister (from Series 2) 6/48
- CSV Hot Rodimus (aka Hot Rod) (Shortpacked) 2/48
- CSV Convoy Container (aka Optimus Prime Anime Trailer) (Chase) 1/48
- CSV Thundercracker (Chase) 1/48
Hot Rodimus was later re-released as a Toys'R'Us exclusive with purchases of THS-02 Convoy.
Aug 07, 21 06:30 AM
Playmates first released the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 1988, but did you know that the first wave of figures had "soft heads"? [Read More]
Aug 07, 21 03:01 AM
In the late 1980s and early 1990s the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where something of a phenomenon, selling over 250 million figures in just five years!
Aug 07, 21 12:44 AM
Kenner Batman the Animated series was released in 1993. There were 6 figures in this series, and these were....
Aug 07, 21 12:42 AM
Toy Biz Vintage Marvel Legends Wave 2 was released in 2003 with six basic figures plus various variants and one US Exclusive figure and
Jun 23, 21 10:41 PM
In 1985 “Rankin/Bass Productions” an American Production Company produced one of the finest animated series in the last 3 decades “ThunderCats”. [Read More]
Generation 2 Transformers
PLEASE NOTE: All prices and values quoted on this site were correct at the time of publication based on the average value across several online and offline auction sites etc. The prices quoted ARE NOT an offer or solicitation to buy any figures at these prices.
Share the Love!