COMING SOON: The all new Members Only site launching SOON!! FREE eBooks, Checklists, Guides, Videos, Discounts, Private FB Group and The AFR Ultimate Action Figure Guide Database with more than 60,000 action figures listed from 1964 to the present day!!
Register NOW for special offers only for those who PRE-REGISTER to join!!
Diamond Select Toys Battlestar Galactica Action Figures
Diamond Select Toys Battlestar Galactica line of action figures were first released in 2007 based on the popular hit re-imagined TV series, which I was a huge fan of.
The first series consisted of seven figures, including two exclusives. These figures featured excellent sculpting, detail and articulation. and stood about 7-inches tall.
Series 1 2007
The first wave of action figures on display in prototype form at the February 2007 Toy Fair trade show included: Number Six in her red dress, Lee "Apollo" Adama in flight suit with helmet, gloved and ungloved sets of hands, and Chief Tyrol in green fatigues.
The most common figure in this serie, but also the most popular, was the Number Six figure in a red dress as there were 4 of these to a case of 8 figures.
The second most common was Apollo with three figures per case and the short-packed figure was the "Hot Dog" with only one per case.
- Lee "Apollo" Adama (Flight Suit)
- Six (Red Dress)
- Brendan "Hotdog" Costanza (Flight Suit)
- Caprica Six (Black top/pants) (Previews Exclusive)
- Karl "Helo" Agathon (Galactica Duty Blues) (Action Figure Xpress Exclusive)
- Chief Tyrol (Fatigues) (Diamond Select Toys Exclusive)
- Samuel Anders (Resistance Fighter) (FYE/Suncoast/BigBadToyStore.com Exclusive)
Series 2 2008
The second series, as with the first series, consisted of three figures with the same 4:3:1 ratio per case. These were a Cylon Centurion (4), Kara (3) and Kat (1).
- Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (Flight Suit)
- Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Flight Suit)
- Cylon Centurion (in silver) (Image)
- Karl "Helo" Agathon (Raptor Gear) (Previews Exclusive)
Series Three (2008)
The third series featured four characters from the special episode Razor which were evenly spluit in the case, unlike previous releases.
Also these figures were packaged on blue backing cardrather than the standard red cards used for the first two series.
wave features characters from the special episode Razor. Their packaging is colored blue in contrast to the standard red that has been used for all other releases up to this point. The word "Razor" is printed in red below the 'Battlestar Galactica' title located at the top of the package.
- William "Husker" Adama ('First Cylon War' Flight Suit)
- Kendra Shaw (Pegasus Duty Blues)
- Guardian Cylon ("Pilot" model in silver)
- Gina Inviere (light blue lab coat with black top/pants) (Previews Exclusive)
Series Four (CANCELLED)
The fourth wave was to feature various military and political leaders. Originally, the characters listed for preordering included Admiral Adama (Galactica Duty Blues), President Roslin (Presidential suit), and President Adama (Presidential suit). Admiral Cain (Pegasus Duty Blues) was listed separately as a "Previews Exclusive" addition to this series.
A mustached Admiral Adama was going to be released as a 'case topper' to promote retailers to buy in bulk (case = 6 figures/2 of each character + case topper) but was later added to the wave. Then late November 2009, it was announced that Gaius Baltar would be replacing Presidents Roslin and Adama and in 2010, the mustache less Admiral Adama was released as a "Toys R Us" exclusive and finally the wave was officially cancelled early in 2011.
DST also released two limited edition convention figures that are distinguished by their event logos printed on the cardboard label photos (lower right corner) inside their packaging.
- 'Valley of Darkness" Cylon Centurion (variant in silver with bloodstains as seen in the episode Valley of Darkness) (2007 San Diego Comic Con exclusive)
- "Stealth" Cylon (variant in black) (2009 New York Comic Con exclusive) (Limited to under 1,000 pieces)
Valley of Darkness" Cylon Centurion
Toys R Us Exclusives
DST also released 5 waves of Toys R Us exclusives that had a silver circular
sticker on the bubble pack depicting the TRU backwards 'R' with the word
"exclusive" circling it in three places.
Wave 1 (rare)
- • Lee "Apollo" Adama (Galactica Duty Blues)
- William "Husker" Adama ('First Cylon War' Flight Suit) (Identical figure to "Razor" version but with red packaging and backside shows other Toys'R'Us/ToyRocket.com Exclusive) (No Toys'R'Us Exclusive sticker)
- Battle Damaged Cylon Pilot (variant in matte silver with black damage)
- Cylon Warrior Commander (variant in gold)
- Samuel "Longshot" Anders (Flight Suit)
- Battle Damaged "Mortar Pack" Cylon Centurion (variant in matte silver with attached mortar pack and cracked "head")
- "Civil War" Cylon Centurion" (variant in matte silver)
- New Caprica Boomer (Faint blue jacket with gray shirt and light green pants)
- Red Stripe Cylon (variant in silver with a red stripe painted diagonally from the left "shoulder" to the right "hip" on front and back)
- Off Duty Apollo (Fatigues)
Wave 5 (1 Adama for every 3 Cylons in a case)
- Commander William Adama (Galactica Duty Blues) (No Toys'R'Us Exclusive sticker)
- Stealth Warrior Cylon (variant with the same paint coloring as the 2009 New York Comic Con exclusive)
- Apollo (Pegasus Duty Blues) & Dualla (Fatigues)
- Leoben (Green patterned shirt with red pants) & Starbuck (Fatigues)
- Boomer & Athena (Boomer is in Galactica Duty Blues and Athena is in Raptor Gear.) Battle Damaged Cylons (variant in silver with black damage and cracked "head") (Action Figure Xpress Exclusive)
- Tigh (Galactica Duty Blues with Eye Patch) & Gaeta (Galactica Duty Blues)
- Red Stripe Cylon (variant in matte silver with red stripe) & Cylon Warrior ("Soldier" model in silver with black damage) ('Daybreak' 2 pack)
Lee "Apollo" Adama (Galactica Duty Blues)
William "Husker" Adama
Battle Damaged Cylon Pilot
Cylon Warrior Commander
Samuel "Longshot" Anders
Civil War" Cylon Centurion
Battle Damaged "Mortar Pack" Cylon Centurion
New Caprica Boomer
Red Stripe Cylon
Off Duty Apollo
Commander William Adama
These are additional figures from the line that were released individually.
- "Downloaded" Cylon Centurion (variant with super-shiny exterior depicting the non-combat Cylons seen planting trees on Cylon-Occupied Caprica from the episode Downloaded) (2007 San Diego Comic Con Battlestar-themed party exclusive)(Limited to 500 pieces packaged in polybags) (Image)
- "New Caprica" Cylon Centurion (variant in shiny silver) (Formerly available at ThinkGeek.com)
- Cylon Warrior ("Soldier" model in silver) (ToyRocket.com exclusive with blue "Razor" packaging and title.)
- Guardian Cylon ("Pilot" model in silver) (Identical figure to "Razor" version but with red packaging and different photo in front lower right corner and pictures of 2-packs on the back)
- Cylon Commander ("Pilot" model in gold) (Previews Exclusive)
Some figures were available with the depicted actors' hand-signed autographs on the packaging.
- Six (Red Dress) (Signed on back of card) (Image)
- Brendan "Hotdog" Costanza (Flight Suit) (Image)
- Chief Tyrol (Fatigues) (Diamond Select Toys Exclusive) (Giveaway for participants of the 2008 San Diego Comic Con annual Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive in partnership with Aaron Douglas and Diamond Select Toys) (Limited to 750 pieces)
Battlestar Galactica Pages
Action Figure Guides and Publications
Please note that all prices mentioned on this site are for informational purposes only and are NOT a solicitation or offer to buy any of the items quoted.
When researching for these articles I use many different online and offline retailers and auctions to get an average value AT THE TIME of writing the article.
As such they will almost definitely be incorrect as the prices and values are in constant flux and change.
Please check my articles and videos on how to grade and value your action figures for up to date prices.
How to Grade Your Action Figures
How to Value Your Action Figures
Share the Love!
Nov 02, 20 01:25 AM
Vintage Toy Biz Spider-Man Spider Wars The New Animated Series released in 1996 was based on the premise of [ Read More ]
Oct 27, 20 11:25 PM
Kenner Batman figures. In 1990 the Batman license moved from Toy Biz to Kenner who released two “waves” of Kenner Batman: The Dark Knight figures [ more ]
Oct 21, 20 11:44 AM
Toybiz Spider-ManThe New Animated Series 7 was also known as The Collectors Series and... [Read More]
Oct 07, 20 12:45 AM
This review and guide takes a close look at the Toy Biz Iron Man Animated series 4 wave of action figures including accessories and values. [Read More]
Oct 03, 20 06:38 AM
This is an -depth review and guide to the Toy Biz Spider-man The New Animated Series Action Figure Series 5 released in 1995. There were 6 action figuress with